Saturday, 19 March 2011

Film Review: Dear John. (2010)

I wanted to watch this film because it was being compared to 'The Notebook' - which I really liked. I also liked Amanda Seyfreid, so when LOVEFiLM sent it to me, I couldn't wait to watch it!
The film is very simply about John (Channing Tatum) who is a soldier on leave, and meets Savannah (Amanda Seyfried) who is on holiday. They quickly fall in love, John returns to the Army and they begin their long-distance relationship through letters - hence the title. This goes on for 2 years until Savannah sends John a letter to let him know that she is engaged to somebody else. It is all quite predictable, and slow and when the film finally finishes, you realise that not much actually happened.
I think it was silly to compare this to 'The Notebook', whoever it was that decided this...although I think those who like this style of film, will give it a thumbs up. I'm still not sure how I feel about Channing Tatum, I felt like somebody else could have played his part. I hope to watch his newest film ' The Eagle', which I hope will change my mind about him as you can't really go wrong with a good action film!
Post a Comment