Friday, 20 May 2011

Slip Dress.

Some of you may know that I've had my Etsy shop for quite a while now and I have definitely been neglecting the clothing part of it! I really wanted to start adding more clothing but it can really take time making them from scratch, so...I had an idea to buy vintage pieces that I can rework or just even repair. I knew that this could really get out of hand, so I decided to focus on my favourite pieces such as slip dresses which I love the idea of reworking so that they can be worn as evening dresses or just a beautiful Summer dress...then I decided on wedding dresses as I've always had a thing about them especially when designers like to present a wedding dress at the end of a fashion show!Now, this idea was many months ago, and many months later I feel like I have enough vintage clothing to open up my own vintage shop! However, that's not going to happen anytime soon but here is a sneak preview of some vintage slip dresses I have managed to find! I almost don't want to do anything to them as they are so beautiful as they are, but I would never personally wear them (outside)...especially in cold, rainy London (although admittedly it has been quite nice here in the past few weeks!)...so, check back soon to see what I create from them!
Post a Comment