Friday, 24 June 2011

Camelot.

Camelot recently broadcasted on UK terrestrial TV a few weeks ago and I am absolutely loving it! I never tire of seeing the story of King Arthur being told over and over again in many variations...and this one is definitely one of the best so far! The cast is excellent but also with many surprises! At the moment, Jamie Campbell Bower is fine as Arthur (he hasn't blown me away yet) and Tamsin Egerton as Guinevere actually works...an actress I wasn't sure about for the role when I had only seen her in the St. Trinian's films! However, the best characters so far are Eva Green as Morgan and Joseph Fiennes as Merlin. Eva Green does an amazing job and is so unbelievably good at being evil! The only issue I currently have is her accent, which sounds slightly odd to me, but her performance is just brilliant! Joseph Fiennes is also excellent as Merlin, and I love that the Merlin character is not an elderly bearded man as portrayed in other productions...there is also an element of him being evil which I don't recall in other versions...I quite like this fact as it makes him seem more human, rather than just an untouchable 'wise old man'.
I highly recommend watching it if you enjoy this genre!


Post a Comment