Monday, 20 June 2011

deviantART: Mihai82000

My first proper memory of 'Surrealism' was when I was at college doing a course in Art & Design. My classmates and I were taken to an exhibition and I very clearly remember being extremely humoured by a furry teacup by Meret Oppenheim. Little did I know at the time that it was world famous but everything in the exhibition certainly got my attention. Other artists that I was also introduced to while exploring this genre were Frida Kahlo, Salvador Dali and Man Ray... all whose work I adore! So, Surrealism is definitely one of my favourite genres in Art...and when I came across Mihai82000 on deviantART I just knew that I had to blog about his work!
First is Pseudo - Gustativus which humoured me and the detail was just great to look at!
Next is Posterity of Butterflies which I found beautiful and loved the little plaque detail.
Concert No 4 was one of those that just made me chuckle and you quickly realise that you can get ideas from absolutely everything! I thought this piece was excellent!
Origins of Art was just the cutest! Probably not intentionally cute, but definitely cute to me! The message is quick to understand and the little drawings inside the egg shell were adorable! There is so much that I wanted to include but if you like what you see here, be sure to check out the rest of his gallery!
Post a Comment