Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Beauty Review: Vaseline Cocoa Butter Range.

When I think of Skincare, Vaseline will always be one of the brands I associate with it as it's definitely the one that I have used for most of my life - even though it was only for my lips.
It feels quite recent that Vaseline really started to offer a much bigger variety of products...and when I noticed this on the shop shelves, all I remember thinking was that 'it was about time!'.
I instantly went for the 'Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Lotion', as my skin tends to be quite dry and I love cocoa butter but often find it hard to find one with a scent that I like...but the Vaseline version was yummy!..and 'dry skin' products don't often have the greatest scent, or none at all.
I used the lotion for a few weeks and although it requires too much effort on my part to apply (like with all other lotions too), it really helped with my dry skin, so I also purchased the 'Cocoa Butter Vitalising Gel Body Oil'...which was even better! I have already gone through three bottles as I type this up and over time, that number will only increase even more! I have always preferred to use oils as they are easier to apply and I personally find it much more effective on my skin. I then later purchased the lip balm which is now a staple item in my bag!
These were a great find and helps remind me that you don't have to purchase snazzy, designer skincare products to get the outcome you are looking for.
One last tip for baby-soft skin... use the Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Scrub in the shower and most importantly, before your skin gets wet. Continue your normal routine and when you're done, apply the Vaseline Cocoa Butter Oil on damp skin...you will be amazed!
Post a Comment