Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Film Review: Super 8 (2011)

I love Sci-Fi so when I had read about Super 8, a film written and directed by J.J.Abrams and produced by Steven Spielberg...it was a definite 'must watch at the cinema' film! It revolves around a group of friends who are filming their own Super 8 film. I didn't know this at the time, but Super 8 is a 'motion picture film format' where the film is 8mm wide. If you want to know more, just Google it! While they are filming, a train crash occurs and as they all run for safety, the camera is recording everything that happens.
I thought I could predict the rest of the film, but each minute, something new enfolded and the storyline built up a lot of depth...something I wasn't really expecting...I just thought it would be a good action film with interesting creatures to look at! But it was so much more!!
Later on in the film, the recording of the night of the train crash is viewed and some sort of creature emerges from the wreck...this just made it so much more exciting! Then of course the most exciting bit is actually seeing the 'alien' ...and I was actually very impressed with it.
My favourite character was played by Elle Fanning...she was truly the star of the show for me! I'm sure they get this all the time, but I actually find her much more likeable and dare I say, more talented than her sister, Dakota. How I wish it was Elle playing Jane in the Twilight films!! I really look forward to seeing her next few films as I'm sure she will be amazing in them.
I would highly recommend this film for absolutely everyone to watch! You will be surprised at how good it is.
Post a Comment