Friday, 30 September 2011

SS12 - Part X.

Versace SS12 was so beautiful! I had missed this true Versace aesthetic for a few seasons now and was so glad to see it back! My favourite part of the collection was the final part where amazing evening dresses in the palest grey and most beautiful aqua colours were adorned in beadwork! There was a strong 'Under the Sea' theme which I absolutely loved and was depicted in both the prints (you can see the rest of the collection on Style.com) and the embellishment...with the latter being my favourite! I loved how an embellished starfish was suspended across the back and anchoring the drapes of fabric. However, as 'The Little Mermaid' was one of my favourite animations as a child, I think it would have made my day if the final 5 models came out with fire-red hair!!
My next and possibly obvious favourite was Etro, due its 1920s influence! The prints were beautiful and reminded me of Gazette du Bon Ton illustrations especially those by Erté. Of course, I naturally loved the true beaded and fringed dresses the most!!
Images from Style.com & Stylesight.com │ Assembled by nuvonova
Post a Comment