Monday, 3 October 2011

Film Review: Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)

I watched The Rise of the Planet of the Apes a few weeks ago and although I hated the title (much too wordy!) it was brilliant! I had loved the previous one in 2001, which was directed by Tim Burton and had a stronger 'Sci-Fi' element to it compared to the 2011 one, but I still liked it and it was much more 'real'! James Franco was great but I think I still need to watch Freida Pinto in more films for me to decide what I think but it didn't help that her name was 'Caroline' as she does not look like a Caroline at all! I later found out that Andy Serkis also played Caesar (the main ape)...is there anything he can't do?! Caesar was a brilliant character and although I am tempted to mention a bit of a spoiler, I won't....but you will either think 'oh my god!' or you will get the giggles when this happens...! Overall, definitely the star of the film and extremely cute as a baby chimp!
My favourite part of the film is when Caesar is put into a Primate Sanctuary and for the first time, is exposed to other apes. Although he starts off getting bullied, it gets very exciting later on! The film ends with an opening for a possible sequel which I will definitely watch if it happens!
Post a Comment