Sunday, 23 October 2011

Film Review: The Three Musketeers.

This review is going to be very brief because I was quite disappointed! When I found out there was going to be a remake of this film (which I loved as a child), I couldn't wait! The cast was great with Ray Stevenson (Rome), Milla Jovovich (Resident Evil), Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson), Luke Evans (Clash of the Titans), Matthew MacFadyen (The Pillars of the Earth) and Orlando Bloom (Lord of the Rings)....so it was a real shame that the storyline had let them down as they are all brilliant actors! It had the same feel as Sherlock Holmes - especially in regards to some of the fighting scenes which made it very appealing for me...but I felt there could have been much more content and depth to it!! 
My favourite characters were played by Milla Jovovich whose character had a sense of Alice (Resident Evil) in her which was brilliant and unexpected! Ray Stevenson was also great, he does humour in such an effortless way...without turning things into a joke.
I can't remember what rating this was (PG?), but it was much too flat for me, or maybe I'm just too old for it now.

Post a Comment