Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Fridja.

I think I've mentioned that I've been buying vintage Wedding dresses to restore and offer in my Etsy Shop but while I've been doing this, I ran into the huge problem of ironing them. Using my domestic iron proved useless and much too time consuming so I felt it was time I invested in a garment steamer!! I did plenty of research and found it quite overwhelming but I kept coming across Fridja which amongst all the chunky, grey steamers, stayed at the front of my mind. It looked like the Apple of garment steamers, and as I have always been in a Creative field, I naturally preferred the one that had aesthetic appeal. I had of course also read great reviews and it seemed to be easy-to-use...so it wasn't all about the 'front cover'! The cost price (on Amazon.co.uk) was £107.99 which I thought was a good price for something my family could also use, and often.
It was super easy to assemble and I managed to get it up and running within 5 minutes of taking it out the box! Then the real test came, steaming a wedding dress! I chose the one with the most creases and set to work with steaming it. It only took under a minute for the steam to form and I was pretty blown away at how quickly the creases disappeared! Just look at my 'before' and 'after' photos which happened in about 10 seconds of steaming!  I am over-the-moon with my purchase, I just wish that I didn't wait so long to get one! My mother has even been using this over our domestic iron as she doesn't even need to get the ironing board out! Highly recommended!!
Post a Comment