Thursday, 26 January 2012

Film Review: G.I Joe - The Rise of Cobra (2009)

Now, I don't know if it's because I had low expectations of this film (the cast seemed a bit of a weird jumble and I couldn't imagine Sienna Miller doing 'action' at all) but I absolutely LOVED it!!!!
I don't even know where to begin with the storyline as it isn't the most amazing plot and quite frankly, I didn't really care! However, some of the characters were brilliant! My most favourite character-relationships were between 'Snake-Eyes' and 'Storm Shadow'. Their fight scenes were the best, probably because it took more effort (martial arts) rather than just a single gunshot! I loved the black and white contrast - even though Storm Shadow was the 'baddie', but the one dressed in white.
Sienna Miller played 'The Baroness' and although she wouldn't have been my first pick for the role, she didn't do a bad job. I loved her look and hadn't known 'The Baroness' from comic books, although the name did ring a bell.
Again (following on from my previous reviews of films he has been in), Channing Tatum didn't blow me away - am I missing something as he seems to be getting into more and more high profile films?!!?
Marlon Wayans as 'Ripcord' kept me amused throughout the film and really reminded me of a young Eddie Murphy.
Overall, this is a great action film, there was barely a quiet moment! Great for those who know no such thing as action-overkill (i.e me).
Post a Comment