Monday, 20 February 2012

ASOS Marketplace.

Back in December 2010, I published a post about ASOS Marketplace and how I couldn't wait to start selling on it! I wanted to sell a few bits from my Etsy Shop but also some clothing and accessories that I no longer wanted. Now, I'm not sure what happened but 14 months later, I am finally on there!!  
I think the fact that the first image had to be taken 'street-style' was what dragged it out for me as I didn't really have the time... but now that I've done it, I wish I had just got on with it 14 months ago (...and I find it much more enjoyable browsing other things on Marketplace)!
I am currently selling jewellery that my father used to sell in his own shop and around fairs almost two decades ago, so I guess that makes them new-vintage?
I've already had four sales within a very short period so I feel even more motivated to put additional things on....bags and shoes (SIZE 3/36), here they come!!
I also just wanted to briefly mention the listing process - very easy as it is all on one page, but it could definitely be more streamlined such as listing all images in one go and being able to create 'templates' so I don't need to start all my listings from scratch...but I'm sure this is something that will improve over time. I also really like the option of being able to 'accept' offers on an item which has tempted me to use Marketplace over eBay as the only thing the latter offers me now are high fees!!! Have a look and let me know what you think!
Post a Comment