Monday, 13 February 2012

AW12 - Part I

The AW12 fashion shows have started in New York and I really wanted to talk about designers that I haven't mentioned before, as well as all my other high-profile favourites of course! First up is Christian Siriano whose collection I instantly loved...I am a real sucker when it comes to an evening gown! I loved the vampy styling and biker jacket with full length tutu dress outfit.
Prabal Gurung is fast becoming one of my most favourite designers and I have mentioned him many times now. His collection was predominantly 'casual' and print-based, which lovely as they were, does not capture my attention as much as his embellished styles do!
I also loved the use of cow skulls as a motif idea, something I don't ever recall seeing used in this way before...it instantly made the collection look 'young' as I remember that there was a time in the blogging world where almost all the blogs I came across was blogging about a cow skull, or other animal skulls - particularly in jewellery - and I am guilty of it too!
Overall, a lovely collection, but much more lovelier in detail!!
Images from Style.com & Stylesight.com │ Assembled by nuvonova
Post a Comment