Tuesday, 21 February 2012

AW12 - Part III.

I don't think I've ever done such a big feature on Mary Katrantzou before, but here it is! Looking through her collection was full of 'wow's' but looking at it in detail was just amazing! I'm not sure if this is what she did previously, but I loved how the prints were from completely normal, everyday things such as a bathtub with bubbles and that they were accompanied with embellishment such as the pearl bubbles, a typewriter, cutlery, a labyrinth and my most favourite from the collection, pencils!!
However, I would have loved some of that same creativity applied onto the footwear!!...regardless of it making it all look overly theatrical or not!
The David Koma collections have been better but there were a few nice pieces including the greyhound motif which not only featured on clothing, but was also translated into the footwear and acted as the heel...I loved these even more than the clothing!
I do often mention the same designers over and over again each season and it never changes when it comes to Marios Schwab! I am always in awe with what he shows! My favourite pieces was the simple lasercut floral dress with sheer d├ęcolletage, the almost-neon apple green warped embroidery and definitely the last few dresses comprising of intricate embellishments and heart-shaped high encrusted necklines.
Images from Style.com & Stylesight.com │ Assembled by nuvonova
Post a Comment