Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Beauty Review: L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil

As the UK weather was previously very cold, with heaters on all the time, I noticed my skin becoming extremely dry, particularly on the lower half of my legs and hips - areas that I may sometimes accidentally miss when moisturising after a shower! So, a friend suggested L'Occitane's Almond Shower Oil to help with this...however, at £16 for a 250ml bottle, I really didn't feel motivated to get it, but from using previous L'Occitane products and being pretty happy with the outcome...and in desperate need of skincare, I went for it!
I've been using it everyday for about 2 weeks now and my skin has made a huge improvement, in fact there is not one bit of dry skin left. However, I have also been using a few other products on top of this to combat my dry skin (I was on a mission!), so I am not 100% sure that this was the saviour, but, I am certain it helped!
The scent is very 'clever' as it is definitely almond, but you don't think of it as food...does that make sense? I was a bit unsure about it at first as I usually start my day with an almond croissant and thought it would be weird to have lathered myself in almond oil, then to eat it not so soon after! ..but the scent was lovely and I could still smell it on my body for about an hour afterwards. I also found that the best way to use it was to lather it on after you have done everything you need to in the shower (wash your hair, exfoliate etc etc)...wash it off then jump out! This would help keep your body more moisturised as I found that if I had applied it pre-washing my hair/exfoliating, the moisture would eventually just wash off and therefore making it obsolete. I wish I could say that I would get it again when it runs out, but the price is quite high for a shower oil! I probably won't, but if my skin does start to get dry again, then I would definitely consider using it again.
Post a Comment