Friday, 10 February 2012

SS12 - Part XIII - Chanel

There was a distinct 'under the sea' theme that I noticed from my favourite SS12 shows. I've already mentioned the Alexander McQueen show, and now it is the Chanel one!
The pearl-dotted, wet-look hair was perfectly styled, the marbled-esque prints were beautiful and the use of iridescent sequins looked magical! The 'shell' clutches were the sweetest things and I wondered if they were even functional bags! The iridescent touches didn't just stop at the sequins either, they continued onto metal finishes and created a mother-of-pearl type effect....I'm not a fan of chunky curb chains, but I loved the bracelet!!
As always, a Chanel show does not go ahead without the detail in presentation, and it was literally set up as being 'under the sea'! I loved how it was all optic white and had Florence Welch singing from an oyster shell!
Images from Style.com & Stylesight.com │ Assembled by nuvonova
Post a Comment