Sunday, 4 March 2012

AW12 - Part XIV.

The Viktor & Rolf AW12 collection, in my eyes, has totally been under-rated!! I've hardly seen any Press about it and nobody at work has been talking about it...but I absolutely adored it!!!!
It was great to see the topiary-effect furs which reminded me of their SS10 collection where they did the same thing but with tulle - and that got tons of Press!! I found the below editorial of one of the dresses and I loved how the models wore black unitards underneath to give the effect as if they had been sliced!
Translating this idea onto furs was such a great thing to see and I loved the animalistic effect it created. I guess I loved this collection purely for it's eerie theme, with the moon backdrop, and the fur-trimmed negligees! It was as if the models were transforming from beast to beauty.... the collection definitely got my imagination working at full speed!!
Images from Style.com & Stylesight.com │ Assembled by nuvonova
Post a Comment