Tuesday, 6 March 2012

AW12 - Part XV. Alexander McQueen.

Surprise surprise, I'm blogging about the Alexander McQueen collection again! Sarah Burton has been doing the most amazing things and this collection completely blew me away! The models looked like 'Sci-Fi Flower Fairies' to me, the way the fabrics wrapped, gathered and folded around the body and the use of the feathers in the most beautiful shades from ashened-lilac through to carnation pinks, ruby reds and bright magentas...they were just stunning!!
I particularly loved the off-shoulder looks, something I've noticed quite strongly throughout the AW12 catwalk shows.
The styling was also perfect, I loved the Brigitte Nielsen slicked back platinum hair, heel-less shoes and the best styling accessory I can remember from all the AW12 shows, Cyclops-esque visors!!! 
Definitely one of my most favourite shows from AW12, and as always, can't wait for the next collection!!
Images from Style.com & Stylesight.com │ Assembled by nuvonova
Post a Comment