Sunday, 27 May 2012

MCM Expo London 2012

It's that time again for London's MCM EXPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Firstly though, big mistake it was for me to arrive at 2, rather than my usual 10am...there was hardly any cosplay around at all...well, the ones I wanted to photograph anyway! Comparing this post to my first one, it is quite clear that the hardcore cosplayers get there bright and early!!(One of my favourites though was definitely Harley Quinn...whoever this girl is, she has done an amazing job and I want her metal heeled boots!!)
Secondly, getting there late and also wanting to watch the Masquerade (which started at 4-6pm) left me little time to wander around. My favourite area is definitely where the artists/illustrators were (no point even going to the Gaming area because it is hogged by teenage boys!!) but I only got to see half of them!!! 
On a very positive note, I got an illustration of myself done by artist Huy Truong! Each time I had been to Comic Con, I wanted to get it done but the artists I came across were either really busy with other customers, I couldn't find one I liked, or I did find one but decided to go back later but then not being able to find them!! So as soon as I came across Huy, with a few other people there, I decided to just be a little patient and waited!!...which also gave me time to decide what I wanted.
Unlike the people in front of me who were getting straight forward portraits done (I would have just gone to Leicester Square if I wanted this), I decided to utilise Huy's skill of creating Fantasy!! At first, I wanted to be a mermaid but snapped out of the girliest thought I'd had that day and zoned into the tomboy side of myself and decided to be a warrioress!....also a few minutes into the sitting, I realised I had forgotten one of the most important things...a sword!! So I asked to have a 'Final Fantasy-esque sword'!! My friends and family were pretty amused when I showed them the illustration, although my boyfriend said my hands looked huge in it!- admittedly, my hands were hidden under my bag and I guess the hand size suits the sword size!... nevertheless, for a 10 minute sitting, I am so chuffed with it!! ...and to add further amusement, my brother immediately sent our sister a photo of himself posing, for her to take back (she went again the following day) for Huy to illustrate him as a wizard!!! If Huy is there again in October, I am definitely doing another... I am thinking about possibly having a big gun and asking to be half cyborg!!!
Other great costumes were Fran from Final Fantasy XII, Gears of War (there were loads of them during the Masquerade and went on to win the 'Best Group Cosplay award which was totally deserved!!!
I loved the Power Rangers group! It was really sunny and they really stood out! My other favourite after Harley Quinn is definitely Neytiri from Avatar! This girl looked amazing and so authentic!! I loved her stances and apparently she did an amazing scream during the Masquerade on the Sunday - which unfortunately I was not there to see!
God of War was also great and there were some brilliant costumes during the Masquerade such as Emily from Corpse Bride and Cloud from Final Fantasy.
Below is another character from Final Fantasy but I can't remember the name! Her outfit was beautiful!!
Overall, I had a great time yet again, I just need to wake up a little earlier!!
Post a Comment