Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Film Reviews: Jane Eyre (2011) & Real Steel (2011)

When I have the time, I could easily end up watching about 8-10 films in a week... and I love reviewing them! However, due to time restraints, I physically could not review every single film which I think is a bit of a shame! So, I have decided to do capsule-bulk reviewing! ...hopefully there is enough information for you to decide if you want to check the film out or not.

First is 'Jane Eyre' with Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender. I remember wanting to watch this when it was released at the cinema but a few minutes before purchasing the tickets, my sister and I decided it would not be worth it to watch on the big screen - where action/epic films are a better option! So, when I finally got round to watching it at home, I was happy with our previous decision! Jane Eyre is of course based on the novel by Charlotte Bronte and I do like a bit of a period drama every once in a while! Mia was perfect as Jane (I preferred her so much more here, than as Alice [in Wonderland]) and Michael was great as Mr.Rochester and although the film runs at a very slow pace, I still appreciated it.
I've seen so many adaptations of Jane Eyre and this film will definitely be the most memorable and full of emotion. It must also be so difficult to translate such a popular book into a film, but I didn't feel like I was missing anything...everything was covered, my questions were answered.
I think you will need patience and some form of interest with the genre to truly enjoy this film.
Next is 'Real Steel' with Hugh Jackman. This was a bit of a random film that my sister and I decided to watch and we didn't expect much from it...but were we wrong or what! The initial idea of boxing robots seemed borderline to being really cheesy but this film was fantastic! It was so much fun to watch! The funny thing was that my sister and I were REALLY getting into it whilst watching, we really cared which robot would win and we loved how the robots had personalities...such as a Japanese samurai-esque one and one with a mohawk! I think you would be pleasantly surprised at how good this film is - great for the family!
Post a Comment