Monday, 13 August 2012

Restaurant Review: Ping Pong.

I've always wanted to go to Ping Pong as it generally looked like quite a nice place to eat. So, as my friend and I were walking around Oxford Street, London - a guy was handing out flyers for a free drink at Ping Pong and as it was extremely hot, we decided to get our free drink and something to eat! My friend had been before so I let her order what she thought was appropriate for us, which ended up being a selection of Dim Sum for us to share. This included mixed vegetable spring roll, vegetable sticky rice in a leaf, spicy chicken dumpling and Har Gau (king prawn and bamboo shoot in translucent pastry - below). I really loved everything, it was all very easy to eat and didn't leave me feeling bloated - which is often the case when I am 'eating-out' as my eyes are much bigger than my belly! So the sharing aspect of Dim Sum is definitely a positive one for me.
I would definitely come here again, and definitely just for a drink! I ordered the lychee and lime drink which had vanilla in it too...and wow, it was just delicious!!!!! I don't like the taste of alcohol at all so I always appreciate it when restaurants offer something more interesting other than apple juice, orange juice, soft drinks and tea for those that do not want a glass of wine!
Post a Comment