Friday, 31 August 2012

Yayoi Kusama for Louis Vuitton.

Back in February, I blogged about the delightful Yayoi Kusama exhibition and when I recently came across her collaboration with Louis Vuitton at Selfridges in London, it was the perfect follow-up! The life-size piece of her was great, but a little scary as I felt like I was waiting for her eyes to shift as I went to get a close up photo...yes, just like what you see in horror films!
The collection wasn't located in such an obvious place in Selfridges but once you were close by, there was no missing it! Even though I didn't care much for the actual garments for sale, the whole concession was beautifully designed and curated. It basically looked like some sort of sea urchin! Definitely worth having a look if you're around!
Post a Comment