Sunday, 16 September 2012

NYFW SS13. Part II.

If I want to see a damn nice dress, I will always look at the Marchesa collections! They never disappoint and I am always in such awe every time I see a new collection from them. For SS13, they had an Indian themed collection, and although I often feel that 'indian' influences can sometimes look tacky (on the catwalk), especially if it is too literal, Marchesa translated it beautifully! There was a retro nod to the looks and I loved the hints of fringing which helped modernise it and the 'sari' looks really worked! The colour palette was stunning and the milk-glass embellishment was beautiful!
My next favourite was Vera Wang! The collected started off a little slow for me but it was towards the end when my attention peaked. The coloured laces in phlox purple, forest green and lemon looked really fresh and I loved the off-shoulder silhouettes. Also, I just adored the platformed ballet shoes!! They looked better from the front but I still loved them and they definitely made the collection look much more young and playful, rather than too sophisticated.
Images from Stylesight.com & Style.com│ Assembled by nuvonova

Post a Comment