Monday, 10 September 2012

NYFW SS13.

I can't believe the catwalks are back on again! Standing out so far is the Alexander Wang show! This isn't the first time I've seen the whole 'pieced' idea but it was still lovely to see Wang's interpretation of it which had a strong Sci-Fi element to it ...I can see a lot of people wearing this look when it's out!
On closer inspection, it was fascinating to see that the pieces were connected by thread (when I originally thought it was applique) so the construction in itself was very modern ...although on a Sci-Fi note, it did remind me of when Alien bears its teeth and you can see all of its saliva stretching out...sorry, gross I know but that's what I thought of!
I loved the dresses with splits that went very high and continued up the body with the same pieced technique. The back of one of the jackets was also beautiful with contemporary cutworking.
The accessories were also amazing...I loved the metal edged box bag!! Adorable! ...and just to make me love the collection even more was the final 'effect' where the models were spread out, lights went off and they stood there glowing in the dark just like a scene from Tron. Loved this collection!
Images from Stylesight.com & Style.com│ Assembled by nuvonova
Post a Comment