Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Refreshing my website.

I've had my dot-com site for a while now and after going on it a few weeks ago,I noticed how ugly it actually looked! It looked so old fashioned and I felt it was time for a revamp! I was originally using Weebly as a starting point for my website but felt very limited with the tools I had in making my site the best I could... and also, there were a few times when I needed to go on, but the server had been down due to upgrades etc ...and as Weebly is American, the times were never convenient for me, naturally.
I then came across a UK-based site called Moonfruit. The site looked really fun, more in-line with my taste, and I liked that it was in my time zone. After browsing some of the websites made via Moonfruit and feeling pretty impressed with it all, I decided to give it a try...and here it is!
nuvonova.com
At first, it was so strange!! I felt like I was in Photoshop as I was able to position anything I wanted, anywhere! I wasn't able to do this with Weebly (at the time). It's totally flexible and I can't remember anything I wasn't able to do. There are a few things that I am currently stuck on but I think it's a case of just figuring it out myself, but overall I found it much more user-friendly. I also have my own little direct shop!  I think you would agree that the new site looks much better?!
Post a Comment