Friday, 9 November 2012

Teapigs.

I absolutely love a good English Breakfast tea with 1.5 teaspoons of sugar and milk, but since I started Muay Thai, and being told/reading somewhere that it doesn't matter how much you exercise, if you're not eating properly, then nothing is going to change!...so, I decided to become a bit more aware of what I was putting into my body. However, I don't believe in depriving yourself of things you enjoy so I haven't exactly stopped eating things I know are unhealthy, but instead I have added healthy things to my diet instead. I started with introducing my taste buds to Green Tea! I know, not the biggest step (especially for someone who dislikes salad), but I drink a lot of tea so thought it would be better to balance my tea drinking with another, healthier type of tea. I first came across the Teapigs brand when I ordered some Green Tea in Suda (I think), only because it helps me digest faster, therefore I have enough space left to get onto dessert ha! It was really nice and the Teapigs label was conveniently still hanging off the teabag so I made a mental note to remember to see what else they had. 
A few days later, I ordered a pack of Mao Feng Green Tea from Amazon and thoroughly enjoyed it, and found I was having it much more often than my normal tea. I don't know why I didn't do it in the first place but decided to go onto the main Teapigs site to browse their products. It's a lovely little site with other things besides tea to buy. I got a box of Jasmine Pearls which is delicious and I was so happy to see that they also offered a mix 'n' match option across all (21) their flavours for a great price (for 12)! My boyfriend also likes green tea so I purchased a little gift set for him (and me!) to try as a top-up Christmas present! I can't wait to try the Chocolate Flake flavour!!
I also came across Matcha Green Tea which is basically the super-duper version of green tea...apparently one cup is equivalent to 15 cups of normal green tea! I haven't tried it yet so will review it as soon as I do....
Lastly, from a design point of view, I absolutely love the Teapigs branding, it was definitely one of the influencing factors that made me purchase from them as there are tons of traditional green tea brands out there, but Teapigs seems like the only fun and quirky one! The tea 'temples' are also such a high quality in an organza-esque bag and 'hand-rolled tea tips'.
Post a Comment