Monday, 14 January 2013

Aesop Mandarin Facial Hydrating Cream.


Nivea has become my most favourite skincare brand and I need to dedicate an entire post about them, but, I do also like to try out other products, especially those that are recommended to me.
Aesop was one of these recommended beauty brands. I have dry/sensitive skin and the Mandarin Facial Hydrating Cream by Aesop (expensive-£31) was recommended to me by two of my work colleagues as a general cream.
I started using the cream sporadically, every 2-3 days instead of my Nivea cream and it seemed quite nice. It smelt lovely (very orangey!) and the texture was easy to apply and sinked into my skin. It was just an OK cream but with the price tag, I was sure I wouldn't buy it again.
Then, after going away for a week and forgetting to pack my Nivea cream, I ended up using the Aesop cream for the whole 7 days and developed a rash on my face. To be totally honest though, it does say that the cream is for normal/combination skin so the cream is not entirely to blame. Despite the conflict with my skin and the cream (I have now passed it over to my mother to use instead), I would still like to try some of their other products, so watch this space.
Post a Comment