Thursday, 7 February 2013

Review: Shanghai Knightsbridge Restaurant.

Long overdue review of Shanghai Knightsbridge Restaurant. My sister and I only came to this restaurant in Knightsbridge because everywhere else was totally packed as it was Boxing Day (last year)!...and we were both close to fainting from starvation! ... It had been about 7 years since I had last been out shopping in London during the Christmas holidays...and it reminded me why it had been so long! Too crowded, too much waiting!!!
However, Shanghai Restaurant seemed like the only place that had a few empty tables so we decided to give it a try, although a last resort.
Our waiter was snappy (probably stressed, but I was still unimpressed)... so after looking at the very overpriced menu, we decided to just share something to get us through the next hour, until we came across a better place to eat. We went for vegetarian spring rolls and Seafood Ho Fun (something I often order) ...but although it looks nice, it was just OK.  
The decor is also just OK, and I'm sure on a better day, the service would be OK. I think you can see where I'm going with this? Just an OK restaurant in Knightsbridge.... don't think that is good enough unfortunately....and it wasn't just me! There were other tables nearby that I overheard complaining about several things.
Post a Comment