Friday, 7 February 2014

Haute Couture SS14.

I haven't blogged about the catwalks in ages!!! So, as a quick catch up, I am starting with the SS14 Couture shows with a quick collage of my favourites!
First up is Christian Dior ... so so beautiful! You can see heritage references in the collection but totally modernized. The shoes are jaw-dropping but my favourite pieces were the ones with tiny paintings which looked as though they were framed by the garment, they seemed to tell a little story of their own.
Maison Martin Margiela is always one that I know I will love, before I've even seen it. I loved the 'fly' mask styling and how the fabric selvedges were left exposed. I've always loved Margiela's raw aesthetic and is definitely one of the shows I look forward to seeing each season.
Lastly, the beautiful Valentino.  How can you not love the sheer musical note dress and a slightly darker tutu dress with a snake wrapped around the silhouette. I'm never really keen on safari themed collections, but Valentino makes it work.
Images from Stylesight.com│ Assembled by nuvonova
Post a Comment